The 2009 champion still does not have a signed contract for next year, although both sides have made clear they want to continue together and Button has said he intends to see out his Formula One career there.
Talks have focused on the length of the extension, with Button thinking well beyond next year, when McLaren will still be powered by Mercedes and a new V6 engine is introduced in a major shake-up of the rules.
“I want to be here in 2015. That is an important year, I think,” the 33-year-old said ahead of Sunday’s Italian Grand Prix, at which the team will celebrate the 50th anniversary of their founding by New Zealander Bruce McLaren.
“I’ve worked for many years with that Japanese engine manufacturer, it will be exciting to work with them again in the future.”
Button spent six years in
McLaren were at their most dominant with
Although he has been linked in media speculation to
The team have finished no higher than fifth in 11 races so far and a podium place, let alone a victory, looks a tall order even if it cannot be ruled out. “I am loyal. In the past sometimes I haven’t been,” agreed the Briton. “I think if you are with a smaller team that you can’t see a future with, it’s the right thing to always look for something better. But when you are with a team like this with the future that this team has, this is a very exciting opportunity for any driver.
“I know that
Button, who will be the second oldest driver in the sport next season after
“I am really excited about 2015 but first of all we’ve got to look to next year and I think we can win the world championship next year with
“There’s still a very good partnership there with them and it will be nice to go out on a high.”
Button has finished second three times at Monza but that sort of result can hardly be hoped for now and in any case a podium finish would not redeem the season for a team more used to winning.
Despite that, the Briton has not completely ruled out a return to the most hostile podium in the sport this weekend, with the partisan and passionate Monza crowd regularly booing those who are not wearing
“It can happen. But we need wet weather, we need everything on our side to make it happen. We are not quick enough, our outright speed is not there,” he said.
“You have those three teams (
“There are parts that will be on this year’s car that will also help us next year but we are not designing certain parts for this year’s car that will be useless next year. We are limiting how much we will move forward this season.”
ENP Newswire –
Release date- 05092013 – At the International Motor Show (IAA) in
Among the cars featured, the models from
‘At Porsche, ‘fascination sports car’ is always a key consideration. The 918 Spyder and the Panamera S E-Hybrid are masterpieces of engineering and the perfect embodiment of the Engineered by
This year so far has seen
[Editorial queries for this story should be sent to email@example.com]
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
The Las Vegas Railway Express, Inc. (OTCQB: XTRN), known as the Vegas X Train, announces today their agreement with Today in Las Vegas, who will be publishing the luxury train service’s onboard magazine.
The publication is planned to be a bi-weekly piece sharing content relevant to Today in Las Vegas readers and X Train passenger interests.
It also serves downtown Las Vegas and is circulated by inns and motels, among tour operators, at convention and visitor centers as well as local restaurants, shops and rental car companies.
Sept. 06–Metro Police detectives are searching for two suspects in a hotel robbery on the north end of the Strip.
On Aug. 28, a man and woman tied up a person in a hotel room in the 2900 block of Las Vegas Boulevard South and escaped with the victim’s belongings, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Metro Police Tourist Crimes Unit at (702) 828-3204 or, to remain anonymous, Crime Stoppers at (702) 385-5555 or online at crimestoppersofnv.com.
Las Vegas is now home to its own Shatter Buggy franchise.
Local entrepreneur Keenan DeCock is opening the franchise.
“With Shatter Buggy, it’s now safe to say ‘what breaks in Vegas, gets fixed in Vegas,’” remarked DeCock.
Sept. 06–Las Vegas lawyer Gerry Zobrist, who pleaded guilty in January to his involvement in a mortgage fraud scheme that cost lenders $30 million, has been sentenced to more than seven years in prison, Nevada’s U.S. Attorney Daniel G. Bodgen announced today.
Zobrist pleaded guilty in January to one count of conspiracy to commit bank fraud and wire fraud.
According to a plea agreement, Zobrist and unidentified co-conspirators solicited and paid people with good credit ratings to serve as straw buyers to purchase homes in the Las Vegas area from about June 2006 to May 2008.
Sept. 06–A small subsidiary of the world’s fourth largest airline will add two nonstop round trips a week between Zurich, Switzerland, and Las Vegas next year, the company announced today.
Edelweiss Air will become the 16th international air carrier serving McCarran International Airport when it begins service on May 5.
It is a leisure travel-centered carrier owned by Swiss International Air Lines, a subsidiary of Germany’s largest airline, Lufthansa.
Kick off Football Season in the Heart of the Action at the Best Sports Book and Bar in Las Vegas LAS VEGAS, NV — (Marketwired) — 09/06/13 — Lagasse’s Stadium at The Palazzo Las Vegas scores a touchdown every football season with its incredible atmosphere paired with delicious cuisine created by Celebrity Chef Emeril Lagasse.
Named “Best Sports Lounge” by Vegas Seven, “Best Sports Bar” by Las Vegas Review-Journal and one of the “Top Sports Bars in Las Vegas” by Yahoo!
The following “team-inspired menu” specials will be offered this season and reservations can be made by calling Lagasse’s Stadium at 702.607.2665.
Sept. 06–One of the area’s best local fighters will be included on the UFC’s rapidly filling 20th anniversary card.
Lightweight Evan Dunham (14-4 MMA, 7-4 UFC) returns to the octagon against fellow veteran Donald Cerrone (21-6 MMA, 7-3 UFC) on Nov. 16 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, according to UFC officials.
Both Dunham and Cerrone are looking to re-establish themselves as contenders in the 155-pound division after recent losses to the same man — Rafael dos Anjos.
Sept. 06–Two men accused of strangling and beating a homeless man to death, stuffing his body into his own suitcase and dumping it inside a trash bin have been arrested in California, prosecutors said today.
Emilio Arenas, 43, and Peyton Hemingway, 37, were arrested late last month in connection with the slaying of Carl Simon, 50, whose body was discovered on Aug. 12 in an east Las Vegas Valley dumpster.
Witnesses told police that several days before his body was discovered, Arenas and Hemingway had beaten the victim inside his temporary home because they suspected that Simon took money intended for drugs.
- July 2017 (51)
- June 2017 (60)
- May 2017 (62)
- April 2017 (60)
- March 2017 (62)
- February 2017 (56)
- January 2017 (62)
- December 2016 (62)
- November 2016 (60)
- October 2016 (62)
- September 2016 (60)
- August 2016 (62)
- July 2016 (62)
- June 2016 (60)
- May 2016 (62)
- April 2016 (60)
- March 2016 (62)
- February 2016 (58)
- January 2016 (62)
- December 2015 (62)
- November 2015 (61)
- October 2015 (62)
- September 2015 (60)
- August 2015 (55)
- July 2015 (62)
- June 2015 (51)
- May 2015 (62)
- April 2015 (61)
- March 2015 (62)
- February 2015 (56)
- January 2015 (62)
- December 2014 (62)
- November 2014 (60)
- October 2014 (62)
- September 2014 (60)
- August 2014 (62)
- July 2014 (62)
- June 2014 (37)
- May 2014 (25)
- April 2014 (46)
- March 2014 (45)
- February 2014 (20)
- January 2014 (20)
- December 2013 (64)
- November 2013 (132)
- October 2013 (180)
- September 2013 (197)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (2)
- February 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)